There will be transportation organized by the congress for the two days meeting from Plaça Porta Santa Catalina (http://maps.google.es) to conference venue. Departing time will be at 7:45 am.
The lunch during the two days meeting is also included.
“Current Advances in the Ecology of Fruit Flies of Europe, Africa and the Middle East”
The conference will focus on recent advances in the Ecology of Fruit Flies of Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
The meeting will focus on the following topics:
- Fruit Flies Associated Microflora
- Current Trends in the Biological Control of fruit Flies
- Landscape Ecology of Fruit Flies in Africa, Europe and the Middle East
- Aging, demography and life history traits
STRUCTURE OF THE MEETING
General Sessions will be conducted in a common meeting room.
Forums for interactive discussion among participants and moderated by selected speakers will be conducted in separate rooms after each of the general sessions.
Abstracts up to 1 page (300 words) should be sent trough this website. The Abstract should include the following:
- Abstract title
- Author listing (Principal author first) with full names
- Affiliations and Complete mailing address for each author as they will appear in the program
Deadline for submitting abstracts will be 15th December 2007. More information will be provided in the second announcement.
The proceedings will be published in the Journal of Applied
should be prepared accordingly to the authors instructions
The manuscript *should not be submitted directly to the journal*, but should
be sent in electronic form to Dr. David Nestel. email@example.com
The working language of the meeting will be English.
Dr. Miguel Ángel Miranda Chueca
Laboratory of Zoology
University of the Balearic Islands.
During the organizational meeting, held on the 11th of May 2005 in Vienna, approximately 60 participants, of more than 30 Institutions in 25 countries, decided to establish the Tephritid Workers of Europe Africa and the Middle East (TEAM) as an independent professional, scientific organization. Since that meeting the list of TEAM members has been growing and it currently numbers more than one hundred people.
TEAM consists an independent professional, scientific organization that intends to
- provide a platform of interaction that will promote collaboration and communication among scientists of Europe, Africa and the Middle East,
- pursue and stimulate the generation of basic and applied research to solve agricultural and trade problems related to fruit flies in these regions,
- serve as a consulting forum to State Agencies on topics related to the noxious effect of fruit flies,
- act as a link between other world organizations dealing with fruit flies in order to generate joint activities,
- serve to bring the general public closer to the scientific and technical community working with fruit flies.